Insurance. The word alone sends a chill up the spine of most of us. It’s something we buy and hope never to use. When the time comes that you do have to face the music it’s much easier if you tackle the insurance ins and outs from the beginning rather than waiting until the bills start pouring in.
My advice is to hop on the phone, ask these five questions about your medical plan and based on the answers expand the conversation and go from there.
1. Which Doctors And Facilities Are In My Plan?
2. Which Doctors Are In My Network?
3. What Happens If I Want Medical Care Out Of Plan? Out Of Network?
4. What Supportive Care Is Covered And How Much? Acupuncture? Integrative Medicine? Physical Therapy? Psychological Support? Is Psychological Support For My Family Covered?
5. For Care Note Covered Or Fully Covered How Do I File An Appeal?